13 May 2008

Lecturers' Appreciation Day

Mrs Sim, can you give us handouts ah? Dun wan to copy lar. Mr Ganesan, can give me a few more marks ah? I need only 4 more to pass lar, pleease! Mr Kamal, sorry I'm late. My alarm didn't ring lar!

Ugh. I don't know how they do it without strangling someone by the end of the day.

Hence, driven by guilt (I'm guessing), the Student Council decided to organise a Lecturers' Appreciation Day in view of the upcoming Teachers' Day.

Students voted for their favourite lecturers and the top 3 from each programme were invited to attend the event at Michaelangelos, Sunway Pyramid (host and sponsor). The restaurant allocated the outdoor area, overlooking the entrance to Sunway Lagoon. Very nice, I must say.

While the hungry students and academics tucked heartily into pasta, chicken and french bread, their eyes were fixed on the stage.

Ravelution performed a skit on how lecturers can see the potential in each student that other could not, and bring out the best in them.





They managed to invite an upcoming local singer to perform. Ok, I've never heard of Mia Palencia before today, but she probably gained a few new fans today (I bought her CD and got her autograph!). This soulful Sabahan reminded me of Anggun and Colby Callait rolled into one. What's nice is that she sings of stories close to home.



Lounging under the canopy while the wind blows through your hair and letting your thoughts melt into her deep velvety voice... Oh wait. I actually have to go back to work after this, don't I (cue sound: broken record, glass breaks)? Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment