30 October 2007

Gala Dinner: Surpass Like Stars

Ah, the Gala Dinner was a blast! Everyone dressed to the nines and some barely recognisable out of their usual working garb.
Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. The only pictures I have on hand now are these:


WINNERS OF STAR.SHOTS

Female Category: Nancy "Shake-It" Litman - CIMP

Male Category: Alykusno "I'm Sexy" Aziz @Aly - Student Admin

Couple Category: Stephen Hall sweeps Julie Tang off her feet - Language and Compulsory Subjects Centre

Group Category: The FOUR Musketeers - Jeremy, Kean Sing, Terence & Max - Student Services

I must point out the people who made it all happen:
  • Elisa (SSD) - Chairperson
  • Mahesh (MUFY) - Performances, sound & lighting
  • Natalie (HR) - Registration, table seating
  • Judith, Ee Sarn, & Adelene (SSD) and Ms Chew (Purchasing) - Lucky Draw prizes
  • And of course me and my wonderful PR Dept colleagues - publicity, commemorative Blaze
  • Faith (Marketing), Ken & Seng Choy (SCT), and I worked on the video which everyone seemed to enjoy very much.
  • Bee Fong - LED Ice Cubes Souvenier
  • The Performers
  • Did I leave anyone out? Sorry!

I'll find a way to distribute pictures and the video to everyone.

Meanwhile, let us know what YOU think of the dinner by leaving comments below. Did you like/dislike the venue, performances, souvenier, etc. (constructive critisms, please!)

5 comments:

  1. Adding another LCD screen at the right hand side of the grand ballroom will be good :) i have hard time turning my head around to look at the numbers, more over it's a few rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. We wanted to, but the ballroom had no projector nor screen positioned there (the right wall was the partition leading to the 3rd section of the ballroom. We only took up the middle and left section). So we only had the left and front screens only.

    I guess if we had more budget, we could have paid external event companies to set it up for us....maybe next time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Joelin, thanks for giving us your feedback. Maybe next time we can negotiate for higher budget for 'the comfort of our staff' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Elisa & team. I enjoyed seeing the belly dancers.....especially Lingy...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wasn't me! It wasn't me! It was my evil twin!

    ReplyDelete