13 March 2012

57 Sunway ADTP students for Dean’s List

57 outstanding students from the Sunway University American Degree Transfer Programme (ADTP) made the Dean’s list recently. The August to December 2011 semester students produced 15 Summa Cum Laude achievers, 14 of whom scored 4.0 in their GPA with one who scored 3.97 GPA. The Summa Cum Laude which means “with highest honours” is a Latin phrase often used to recognise academic excellence at an undergraduate level.

Additionally, 24 students achieved the “Magna Cum Laude” (high honours) which is for 3.70 to 3.89 GPA along with 18 other students who qualified for Cum Laude (with honour) for being in the 3.50 to 3.69 range.

The Dean’s List Recipients with their certificates.

Deserving students have always been recognised for their outstanding academic achievements at the Dean’s List Honourees Ceremony for each cohort since 1990. This year’s awards were presented by Mr Juan Tavares, Director of International Admissions, Western Michigan University.

Kimberly Woo Sze Yen a Summa Cum Laude achiever with a GPA of 4.0 said, “I feel amazing and unspeakably glad to be one of the recipients of the Dean's Lists award. It is truly a remarkable achievement in my life. I'm really fortunate to be enrolled in the Sunway ADTP because it has been an unforgettable experience for me. The lecturers and students here are extremely nice and inspiring, the lessons are fun and being in ADTP is just insane in a very good and positive way.”

Chin Khai Yi, also a Summa Cum Laude achiever with a GPA of 4.0 said, “I felt happy and satisfied when I received the award, but I had to work really hard to achieve that. Nevertheless, the award serves as a motivation to my studies in ADTP. ADTP in Sunway University was a terrific experience. I took up subjects I never knew existed and learnt stuff the fun way. It was an out of the box learning experience and I'm glad I chose this course.”

Ng Jas Min said, “I thank God for such a blessing to be a recipient of a Dean's List award. This is the first time I obtained a 4.0 GPA in a long semester. The myriad of lectures, homework, tutorials and assignments combined altogether was definitely a challenge. Essentially, striking a balance between studies and leisure is my 'secret'. Sunway ADTP lecturers are undoubtedly helpful in class and also during consultation hours. I am forever grateful for their dedication and passion. Majoring in Aerospace Engineering, I have taken subjects beyond my field (i.e Introduction to Theatre) in Sunway ADTP which allow me to obtain a wholesome education and also enrich my entire ADTP experience. It has been such a thrilling and rewarding journey so far.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! May your achievement be an inspiration to one and all. :D

    ReplyDelete