14 June 2007

Bento Party @ Sunway

Over lunch one day, Steven Tan, CIMP coordinator, told us about the Japanese culture he experienced when he was working there. I was so inspired that I organised a Bento Party for a few of us Sun-U staff:

Steven won our Prettiest Bento Award

The norm is to exchange a few morsels from each other's lunch boxes before eating. But in the end, we just lumped all our 'bento's in the middle of the table and ate straight from each other's boxes....very chinese of us.

Oddly, the prettiest bentos were made by our male colleagues. They insist that they put their bentos together themselves, without help from the missus.





Meng Wai's healthy bento














Steven's home-made sushi








And I proudly present MY bento:




The cheese melted cause I didn't know there was a fridge in the Student Admin Office which I could use! Hmph!


We had so much fun that we decided to have a Bento Party every month. Next one is on 21st June 07, Thursday. Everyone is welcomed!

1 comment:

  1. Yes I enjoyed it very much. I like the spirit of togetherness and sharing of the food, drink, laughter and fun!

    It's actually simple to prepare but just need planning and some thoughts in order to come out with a healthy, 'good looking' and tasty bento.

    Please join us if you are interested. The venue is at SSD Meeting Room.

    ReplyDelete