5 May 2009

Bags With Down-To-Earth Style


Sunway University College’s Shalei Yazmin Hamid Fulgencio, 18, a Graphic & Multimedia Design student won a Top 10 Designs Award at the 1000+7 Designs: World of Eco Bag Design Competition held in conjunction with KL Design Week 2009 Festival recently. The competition organised by BECOME “Be an Eco friend like Me” environmental community organization featured 1007 reusable bags with messages aimed at raising the awareness of conserving the environment and minimizing the use of plastic bags.

Shalei who hails from the Philippines won an Eco goody bag worth US1,000.00, a Certificate and a 1000+7 Designs BECOME special edition book. Three other Sunway students Yun Ha, Low Hock Yong and Yap Ching Nam earned a place in the Top 1000 Designs Award in the same competition.

Commenting on her achievement, Shalei shared, “I was overwhelmed when I heard that I won an award in this competition and I am especially proud that I could do this for Sunway and my parents”.

No comments:

Post a Comment